Conventional AC power is produced by rotating machines (alternators) that produce a smooth alternation, like that of a pendulum. It is described mathematically as a "sine wave". It is the ideal waveform for the transfer of AC power.
When converting AC to DC power most DC controllers will convert the AC power to a DC Square wave or DC modified square wave. For the most part a DC Modified square wave will often emulate a True Sine wave reasonably well but the driven pump will often operate with audible levels of noise and a slightly ‘choppy’ operation due to the stepped square waveform compared to a smooth True Sine Wave.
Utilising True Sine Wave Technology the new SOW Sine wave pumps res
- 8 Different Flow Rates
- 4 wave modes
- Very Quiet Operation due to Sine Wave Technology
- Wireless Controller - if 2 SOW pumps are used, controllers can "sync" wirelessly, to enable the SW pumps to run "in sync" or "anti - sync".
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Magnetic bracket that allows a higher degree of pump rotation compared to SW pumps.
- Night sensor - automatically detects when tank lights go out and slows the pump.
- One-touch feed mode - slows pump for a period of 10 minutes.
- High performance, powerful, water flow combined with low energy consumption.
- Ceramic shaft for long life and durability
- Intelligent control system to generate various wave patterns to suit your tank.
- Extra-long cable for ease and comfort of placement, even on larger tanks.
- Low voltage, safe, reliable UK power supply.
- Suitable for aquariums with glass up to 15mm thickness. (20mm for SOW 20)
ult in a quiet and smooth operation that extends the lifespan of the wavemaker.